How can a Doula support you?
* ---- *
A Doula can offer you evidence based information. She supports you so that you can discover how to make your own informed and conscious choices for pregnancy, birth and after birth (post-partum).
* ---- *
A Doula offers non judgemental support.
She knows your wishes, your fears and your strenghts. She can help you and your partner prepare for birth by; looking deeply into all the physiological and emotional aspects of pregnancy and birth and your relationship with them, by exploring your wishes for birth with the support of a birthplan, by practicing to mindfully cope with pain and intense sensations during labor, and by helping to prepare for the post partum period to ease the transition into parenthood.
* ---- *
A Doula offers continuous emotional and physical support during one or all of the phases of pregancy, birth and after birth.
She can be continiously present during your labour regardless the duration and place.
She can play a crucial role in helping a partner become involved in the birth to the exend he/she feels comfortable.
As a Doula, I do not:
Make decisions for you or give second opinions.
A doula does not make decisions for clients or intervenes in their medical care. She provides informational and emotional support, while respecting a women´s decisions.
Perform any medical tasks.
A Doula is a non medical childbirth professional. Doulas do not replace midwifes, nurses or other medical staff. Doulas do not perform clinical or medical tasks like taking blood pressure, or temperature, monitoring fetal heart rate or doing vaginal examination. They are there to comfort the mother through continious emotional and physical support.
´Birth is a key life experience that the mother will remember for the rest of her life´
My wish for every mother and family is to move through and look back at birth as a positive, memorable experience.
I bring into my Doula services myself, my 43 years of life experience and with that more than 8 years of experience as a mindfulness practicioner and trainer, 5 years of experience of hosting, facilitating and caring for people on women and yoga retreats (yogaion), 13 years of hospitality service and experience as an international air hostess & manager (KLM airlines), and almost 6 years of experience of being a mother. I recently finished a 140 hour Doula training with Materlua in Portugal and can´t wait to combine all I carry within, to offer this doula care and to companion women and families in this transformational period in their life. For more on my personal story, click here.
Whether it is your first baby or second or fifth, countless scientific trials examining doula care demonstrate remarkably improved physical and psychological outcomes for both mother and baby.
Doulas have a positive impact on the well-being of the entire family.
Contact me for a free introductory meeting!
- - - - - - -
My doula services could look like this: (but feel free to contact me to make a personalised offer fitting your needs and budget)
* Free introductory meeting
* 3 Prenatal sessions (2,5 hours) including 1 Mindful Birthing session - consisting of personalised support, guidance, light body work and preparation for birth, equipping you (and your partner) with information and personalised practical tools to give you confidence and trust to move through this key life experience.
* Support in preparing a birth plan; in which the mother writes her wishes regarding the labour - birth- and - the first hours after birth. (Preparing such a document is a very useful tool in starting to visualise and mentally prepare for the birth.)
* On call for you, day & night from week 37 onwards up to week 42
* Continuous labour and birth support regardless of the duration and place
* 2 post partum sessions: continued personalised support and a space to process your birthing experience, supportive baby and mama care, family support, breastfeeding support
- - - - - - -
* I can facilitate pregnancy ceremony circle´s (to be organised for the mother with close (women) friends and / or family, there are many ways to personalize these circles or ceremonies according to the intention and wishes of the organiser, to celebrate the pregancy, to welcome the newborn, to honour the mother, to prepare for birth with close female friends, etc.)
* I can extend my post partum care over a longer period of time, for the mother and family to also receive continious emotional and physical support during this transition phase and to find ways to genty ease into parenthood.
* I can offer an 8 week official Mindful Birthing program (next to my doula services, seperate from doula services or incorporated in my doula services)
* I can offer gentle body work like foot massages, head & face massages, belly massages
* I can offer mindfulness practices like sitting meditations or bodyscan practices specifically aimed for pregnancy and birth
Contact me for any questions or more information on my offers.
+351 967254052 (tm & telegram)
+ 00 31 645520602 (whatsapp)
I live near Carrapateira, Aljezur and can provide my services in the South West coast of the Algarve and Alentejo area,
I speak Dutch, English, basic Portugese and - German.