Mindfulness is NOT.....
* Positive thinking. We have full awareness and open up to the positive AND the negative thoughts.
* Mindfulness is not a relaxation technique. Mindfulness can result in relaxation, but we do not intent for it to happen or strive for it.
* Mindfulness is not about detachment. Mindfulness ask acceptance of what you are experiencing in the moment, from which you can handle wisely.
* Mindfulness is not going into trance. You’re intention is to be fully aware of things that happen.
* Mindfulness is not striving for an empty mind or stopping your thoughts. Thinking is what our mind does. Fighting against the thoughts mostly brings more thoughts and agitation. With mindfulness the mind could start to feel more calm, because you focus your awareness on the moment, which moves the thinking more to the background.
* Mindfulness is not something only for nuns, monks or Buddhists. Mindfulness is for everybody who wants to live more fully and aware in his or her life and that of others.